Fall Yard Waste Collection Schedule - Peak Leaf Season
Oct. 29, 2023-February 2024
To accommodate larger volumes of yard waste this time of year, your leaves and yard waste will be collected each month during your zone’s collection week as shown on the map, below.
- Before 7 a.m. on Monday morning of your assigned collection week, separate limbs and sticks from your leaf piles and place the piles off the street and away from storm drains.
- Holly Springs Public Works plans to serve your neighborhood within your zone's assigned week. Additionally, neighborhoods with high leaf volumes will be monitored, and the Town will address these areas as needed to ensure streets remain passable.
- Please call 311 or (919) 577-3111 if outside Town limits to report a concern about leaf collection.
Need to report an issue with yard waste collection?
- Click here to connect with Holly Springs 311 through an online service request, or call 311 or (919) 577-3111 if you are outside Town limits.
Help collection run smoothly.
- Place leaf piles off the street and away from storm drains. This helps keep streets clear and safe for travel while preventing clogged drains and flooded roads.
- Separate limbs and sticks from leaf piles to reduce equipment damage that could lead to service delays.
- Place yard waste out for collection before 7 a.m. on the Monday morning of your assigned collection week.
- Ensure professional landscapers and tree service contractors remove all leaves and yard waste they handle as Holly Springs town ordinance requires.
Have mounds of leaves and don't want to wait for your zone's scheduled week?
- Residents can take any amount of yard waste to the newly opened yard waste convenience center at 6412 Rex Road Wednesday through Sunday, 7 a.m.-3 p.m., at no additional charge.
- Residents also can contact the Town to schedule extra collection of large amounts of yard waste that exceed 2 ½ cubic yards, about the load size of a pickup truck, for an additional fee. Contact Public Works a couple of days in advance. Click here for more information.
Christmas Tree Collection
Looking to dispose of your live Christmas tree? Remember to remove all decorations and other objects, including tinsel and nails first. Trees with objects on them could damage the chipping machine.
Two options for disposal:
- Curbside collection: Leave your tree at the curb for collection. There is no scheduled end date; the Christmas trees are part of yard waste collection.
- Drop off your tree at the newly opened yard waste convenience center at 6412 Rex Road Wednesday through Sunday, 7 a.m.-3 p.m., at no additional charge.