Safety & Social Distancing
Currently, the CDC says there is no evidence to support transmission of COVID-19 associated with food. To keep our farmers, producers, and shoppers safe, here are some steps we are taking and recommendations for shoppers.
- Keep your market visit simple and short. Shop with a purpose and do not linger, socialize, or congregate in the market space. North Carolina has issued a stay-at-home order, with exceptions for completing essential tasks such as purchasing food. There will be no frills that should make this weekend’s market anything more than an outdoor local grocery run.
- Leave your dogs, children, and at-risk family members at home. Households should have no more than one or two people in their shopping group when possible.
- Consider attending the market later in the day when attendance is lower. You can ensure you get what you need by pre-ordering with your favorite vendors!
- We’ve added a new page to our website that lists alternate options for purchasing from our vendors if you are unable to shop in person.
- If you are experiencing symptoms such as fever or dry cough, stay home to take care of yourself and protect others if you are sick. When in doubt, err on the side of caution.
- If you are an at-risk population (particularly older adults or immunocompromised individuals) we encourage you to prioritize your own health and minimize your exposure to people. Consider asking a friend or family member to pick up your market items for you.
- The market footprint will be significantly expanded to maximize space between vendor tents. We will mark in six foot increments where people should stand when waiting to shop.
- Restrooms will be open for hand washing and hand sanitizer will be available.
- Practice social distancing of 6’ or greater. Limit interactions with other customers and vendors. WE ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO WEAR A MASK.
- Customers will be reminded not to handle any items on the vendors’ tables but to just point at what you wanted and let vendors bag the purchases.
- Vendors will not be sampling items. Non-produce items will be pre-packaged.
- Wash all produce before consumption. Wash your hands before eating. Do not eat any food you purchase while in the market space.
- Payment options: if using cash, vendors will round to the nearest dollar. For credit cards, vendors will not be allowing signatures on the POS machines and will send you a receipt via email or text. Many of our vendors offer PayPal and/or Venmo as payment options.
- Stop by the information tent to pick up a pre-punched loyalty card for the day. Hang on to combine with other cards and redeem for future gifts from the market.