Bass Lake Birthday Parties
The Bass Lake birthday party package is a fun way to educate children about nature in a relaxed environment.
- Minimum 2-hour booking required; includes an hour and a half interactive program led by park staff and a half hour for cake, singing “Happy Birthday,” and opening presents
- The party will commence with a 10-15 min staff led discussion about a nature related topic chosen by the guest of honor or their parent.
- Party includes a staff led craft that the children can take home.
- Group size is limited to 20 people for most themes. The fishing program is limited to 10 guests.
- For more information, pricing, or to book a party, contact Park Naturalist, Steve McElhaney at (919) 557-2906.
Party themes and crafts
You are not limited to the topics listed below, and not all birthday themes may conduct the same program or craft.
- Fishing: Learn about types of fish you can catch in Bass Lake then make and test out your own fishing pole!
- Snakes: Learn how to identify different snake species then create your own beaded snake.
- Turtles: Learn about land and aquatic turtles, make a turtle of your own and then look at live turtles.
- Water bugs: Learn about the types of aquatic insects that live in the water then walk along the lake and try to catch some.
- $150/hour for residents and $225/hour for non-residents. Includes the room, tables, chairs, program, and goodie bags.
- A $60 refundable deposit is required
- Rentals must be a minimum of two (2) hours
- Party topic and day must be approved by Park Naturalist Steve McElhaney at least one month prior to the party.
- Take your guests into our nature education center to see live animals, stuffed animals, toys and books.
- Have your party guests bring their own poles and go fishing from our dock, pier or other areas around the lake.
- Depending on the program, fishing may occur before, during or after your room rental.
- Don’t have a pole? You and your guests can sign up for the NC Wildlife Tackle Loaner program and borrow a pole for free!