Bass Lake Park
Explore Our Park
Relax, unwind and have fun at Bass Lake Park where you’ll find many opportunities to connect with nature. The park is home to many species of native plants and animals, which can be seen along the beautiful park trails. Bass Lake Park is open seven-days a week, 8 a.m. - sunset year-round. Please see the 2024 Hours of Operation and Park Closures for up to date closing times and planned Holiday closures.
Park visitors are able to rent canoes, jonboats and Gheenoe boats with trolling motors daily from Memorial Day - Labor Day subject to adequate staffing and weather conditions. Personal watercraft/boats of any kind are not allowed on Bass Lake.
The park partners with the NC Community Fishing Lake Program to stock our 54-acre lake with catfish, but fisherman will also find plenty of bass, bream and crappie. No pole, no problem! Borrow a pole through the free Tackle Loaner Program, Sign up during your next visit!
Trails are open year-round for hiking and bicycle riding.
Bass Lake Facilities Includes:
- Conference Room: A Conference Room and Deck overlooking the lake. This is a fantastic facility to rent for parties, conferences, weddings and more.
- Nature Center: A North Carolina Environmental Education Center offers native animal exhibits, a reference library and a friendly, knowledgeable staff.
- Picnic Shelter: A secluded picnic shelter with two stationary charcoal grills and restrooms is available on park property just a short drive from the main facility.
- Greenway Trails: A greenway trail travels around the lake and connects to other greenways within the Town.
- Sugg Farm: 117 acres used for special events. Includes an archery field, RC field and a dog park.
Location and Parking
Parking is located at 900 Bass Lake Road in Holly Springs.
If the parking lot is full, guests can proceed to the Picnic Shelter parking lot. Exit the parking lot and turn right. It will be the second driveway on the right and is about a quarter mile walk from the Picnic lot down the main lot/Nature Center. There are public restrooms on the back of the Nature Center.
- Leave no trace. Please pick up litter.
- Pets must be kept on a leash. Please pickup and dispose of pet waste. No pets are permitted on ballfields.
- Campfires are not allowed. Use Park grills only.
- Excessive noise or lewd/loud music is not allowed.
- Park only in designated areas. Speed limit is 15 MPH.
- Alcoholic beverages, smoking, and vaping are prohibited.
- Bikes and skateboards are permitted in designated areas only.
- No weapons. No open carrying of firearms. Licensed CCW permit holders may carry concealed only.*
- Dispose of litter, bottles and cans in receptacles provided.
- For-profit activities are prohibited unless otherwise approved.
*This does not prohibit licensed concealed carry weapon permit holders in accordance with N.C.G.S. 14-415.11.
THANK YOU FOR KEEPING OUR PARKS CLEAN AND SAFE FOR ALL USERS.
The following are strictly prohibited on Park grounds:
- Non-Town owned motorized vehicles (with the exception of ADA accessibility vehicles) on the trail.
- Use of illegal drugs or alcohol.
- Use of non-Town owned tents or shade structures.
- Release or relocation of domesticated or wild animals.
- Open flames or campfires.
- Personal watercraft.
- Feeding of wildlife.
- Removal of natural resources