Holly Days Parade Participant Information
2021 Happy Holly Days Parade
10a.m. Saturday, December 11, 2021
You are registered for the Happy Holly Days Parade if:
- You completed the 2021 parade registration form, and
- You are a business entry or are renting a float and have paid your entry to the Holly Springs Kiwanis Club. Your payment must be received by Nov. 17.
Thank you so much for registering for the Happy Holly Days Parade!
Parade Day Prep
We look forward to contacting you the week of Nov. 29 with more information about the parade. If you have any questions in the meantime, please visit this webpage, which will be updated as additional parade information becomes available. Or, reach out to us at email@example.com.
Get ready: Here's your opportunity to shine... and get some publicity!
Your parade entry should be decked out for the holidays. Think parade; think festive!
The 2021 parade theme is: Holiday Movies!
All participants are invited to decorate their entries with the Holiday Movies theme. Take a photo on parade day and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll post photos on our social media accounts during the week following the parade so viewers can vote on their favorite entry that best matches the Holiday Movie theme. Only photos showing parade entries incorporating the theme will be shared on social media platforms.
The Top 5 Tips Parade Participants Must Know
NEW PARADE START TIME: The 2021 parade is starting at 10 a.m. (an hour earlier than in previous years)
STREET CLOSURE TIME: Streets around the parade will start closing at 9 a.m. (which means you must be at your line-up location by 9 a.m.). You will receive your line-up location via email the week before the parade.
- Please don't throw candy or other items. To protect the smallest parade spectators from injury, we can't allow it. If you would like to hand out candy or other items, please do so while keeping up with your moving parade entry.
- Drivers and participants - be safe and aware of people and vehicles around you. Parade lineup is a busy time with many vehicles dropping off parade participants and many parade participants (including young children) waiting for the parade to begin. Drive slowly and carefully, please.
- Please keep close to the entry in front of you during the parade. Keep moving with the parade to eliminate long, boring gaps between entries.
Parade Day Morning:
- Where you go to line up varies, depending on your entry. Refer to the parade lineup for your entry's lineup details.
- Line-up time that morning begins at 8 a.m., and everyone must be in place by 9 a.m.
NEW STREET CLOSURE TIME: Streets around the parade will start closing at 9 a.m. (which means you must be at your line-up location by 9 a.m.).
During the Parade
- The parade will begin moving forward at 9:45 a.m.
- The parade will step onto Main Street at 9:45 a.m. and pause at Holly Springs Road to allow all units to close the gaps. The parade will resume from Holly Springs Road for the official start at 10 a.m.
At the End of the Parade
- At the parade's end (on Main Street at the Rogers Street intersection), your entry will either:
- continue straight on Main Street, or
- turn right onto Rogers Street and right again onto Avent Ferry Road, continuing to a nearby sidewalk beside the Town Hall parking area.
- Refer to the parade lineup spreadsheet (to be posted the week before the parade), which will include details on which way volunteers will direct your entry at the end of the parade.
After the Parade
- We'd love to hear from you. What did you enjoy? What could be improved for next year's parade? Email email@example.com.