December 9, 2019
W.E. Hunt Recreation Center
301 Stinson Ave.
Holly Springs, NC 27540
Tree Advisory Subcommittees Meeting
Monday, December 9, 2019
The Holly Springs Tree Advisory Committee provides assistance with:
- planning an annual Arbor Day event
- guidance about how Holly Springs can maintain good standing with Tree City USA standards
- recommendations on methodology for expenditure of funds for the Street Tree Replacement Program
- recommendations on methodology and criteria for the removal of diseased street trees (those planted between sidewalks and town streets) or perimeter yard landscapes (those that provide town-required buffers between different developments)
- review and recommendations on updates to the town's tree maintenance guidelines and preferred tree selection criteria
- public information initiatives helping residents understand the importance and need for tree preservation and maintenance.
The Tree Advisory Committee has two subcommittees:
The Tree Advisory Committee Business Committee focuses on street tree standards, preferred tree/landscaping lists, obtaining Tree City USA status, sustainable design approaches and funding.
The Education & Outreach Committee focuses on Arbor Day events, other events and public outreach.