Erosion & Sedimentation Control
The Town of Holly Springs Erosion and Sedimentation Control Program meets the construction site runoff control requirement, one of the six minimum measures required by the Town’s federally-mandated National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Phase II Stormwater Program. The program includes:
- Erosion and Sedimentation Control Ordinance, the Town of Holly Springs Code of Ordinances, Chapter 8, Article II: Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control, Stream and Wetland Protection, Land Disturbance.
- Engineering Department Forms include those for erosion control plan review.
- Town of Holly Springs Development Procedures Manual Section 8.01 Construction Drawing and Erosion and Sedimentation Control Plan Approvals
- Town of Holly Springs Development Procedures Manual Section 10.01 Certificate of Compliance required for projects that receive timbering or erosion and sedimentation control plan approval.
- Town of Holly Springs Engineering Design and Construction Standards, Section 4 Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control Specifications
- Town of Holly Springs Erosion Control Self Inspection Program
North Carolina Department of Environment & Natural Resources
- The N.C. Department of Environment and Natural Resources' Division of Energy, Mineral, and Land Resources, Land Quality Section is responsible for administration of the State’s Erosion and Sedimentation Control Regulations. The Town of Holly Springs Erosion and Sedimentation Control Program has been delegated by the State Sediment Control Commission since November 1, 2000.
- A Construction NPDES Stormwater Permit NCG010000 is required for all sites with one acre or more of disturbed area as part of the erosion control plan approval from the Town.
Helpful Erosion & Sedimentation Control Links
- North Carolina State University Crop and Soil Sciences: Erosion control information.
- Water Resources Research Institute: Erosion control educational opportunities including workshops, publications and newsletters.