Tree Advisory Committee
The Tree Advisory Committee meeting scheduled for September 14th will be held remotely via Zoom. For more information, please contact the Department of Planning & Zoning at 919.557.3908.
The TAC meets on the second Monday of each month at 6:00pm in the Holleman Room, Holly Springs Town Hall, 128 S. Main St.
Approved minutes from the past year.
- Amanda Bowden (term ends 06/30/2023)
- Amber Duerbig (term ends 06/30/2021)
- Joe Fuller (term ends 06/30/2021)
- Kristina Natt och Dag (term ends 06/30/2023)
- Rachel Woods (term ends 06/30/2022)
- Julia Janosko, Junior/Young Adult Member (term ends 06/30/2021)
- Aaron Wolff, Town Council Representative (term ends 12/03/2020); Christine Kelly, Town Council Alternate
- Thomas Urquhart, Planning Board Representative (term ends 06/30/2021)
- Susan Smith, Parks & Recreation Advisory Committee Representative (term ends 06/30/2020)
The Holly Springs Tree Advisory Committee provides assistance with:
- planning an annual Arbor Day event
- guidance about how Holly Springs can maintain good standing with Tree City USA standards
- recommendations on methodology for expenditure of funds for the Street Tree Replacement Program
- recommendations on methodology and criteria for the removal of diseased street trees (those planted between sidewalks and town streets) or perimeter yard landscapes (those that provide town-required buffers between different developments)
- review and recommendations on updates to the town’s tree maintenance guidelines and preferred tree selection criteria
- public information initiatives helping residents understand the importance and need for tree preservation and maintenance.