Tree Advisory Committee
The Tree Advisory Committee meeting for April 12, 2021 will be held virtually. For more information, please contact the Development Services Department at 919.557.3908.
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
The TAC meets on the second Monday of each month at 6 p.m. in the Holleman Room, Holly Springs Town Hall, 128 S. Main St.
Approved minutes from the past year.
- Amanda Bowden (term ends 06/30/2023)
- Amber Duerbig (term ends 06/30/2021)
- Joe Fuller (term ends 06/30/2021)
- Kristina Natt och Dag (term ends 06/30/2023)
- Rachel Woods (term ends 06/30/2022)
- Julia Janosko, Junior/Young Adult Member (term ends 06/30/2021)
- Aaron Wolff, Town Council Representative (term ends 12/03/2020); Christine Kelly, Town Council Alternate
- Thomas Urquhart, Planning Board Representative (term ends 06/30/2021)
- Len Lloyd, Parks & Recreation Advisory Committee Representative (term ends 06/30/2021)
The Holly Springs Tree Advisory Committee provides assistance with:
- planning an annual Arbor Day event
- guidance about how Holly Springs can maintain good standing with Tree City USA standards
- recommendations on methodology for expenditure of funds for the Street Tree Replacement Program
- recommendations on methodology and criteria for the removal of diseased street trees (those planted between sidewalks and town streets) or perimeter yard landscapes (those that provide town-required buffers between different developments)
- review and recommendations on updates to the town’s tree maintenance guidelines and preferred tree selection criteria
- public information initiatives helping residents understand the importance and need for tree preservation and maintenance.