Dog Park at Sugg Farm
COMING SOON! The Dog Park at Sugg Farm is expected to open in late February. Please check back for an official date. In preparation of the opening, here are the guidelines and rules for a successful dog park experience.
With an acre to run and play, the off-leash dog park at Sugg Farm in Holly Springs is a great spot for your pups to exercise and socialize. There is no fee to use the dog park.
The success of the park largely depends on the self-monitoring and cooperation of dog owners. Please help keep your park healthy and hospitable by encouraging others through your good example.
Important Park Information
- Dogs must meet all guidelines below and maintain current vaccinations for rabies and distemper, hepatitis, leptospirosis, parainfluenza, and parvovirus (DHLPP). Current rabies vaccination tag must be worn on dog collars when at the dog park. Spiked collars are prohibited.
- Large dog area is for dogs over 30 pounds and small dog park is for small breeds, under 30 pounds.
- No children under the age of 12 are permitted in the dog park. Spectators should remain outside the fenced area. Wear shoes at all times.
- Dogs that are sick, aggressive, in-heat, without current vaccination displayed or too young for rabies vaccinations (less than four months old) are not allowed. If your dog shows signs of aggressive behavior, you must remove the dog from the park premises immediately.
- No animals other than dogs may be brought into the fenced area. Dog owners must remain in the fenced area while their dogs are using the dog park.
- Maximum of two dogs per adult at a time in the park. All dogs must be leashed until safely inside the dog park and returned to a leash prior to exiting.
- Owners must be in view of their dogs and have voice control at all times. Owners are responsible for all injuries or damage caused by their dog and are fully responsible for their dog’s actions.
- Smoking and vaping are strictly prohibited.
- Pick up dog waste. Owners must dispose of waste properly in designated receptacles.
- Personal dog toys are prohibited. No animal or people food including treats or bones are allowed.
- No littering. Wrappers and other trash can be eaten by dogs and cause a choking hazard.
- No strollers, bicycles, big-wheels, wagons, roller blades, etc. are allowed in the dog park. Wheelchairs are welcome.
- Owners who fail to abide by the rules and regulations are subject to loss of park access.
- Use at your own risk.
Ord. No. 01-05, § 8-2012, 2-20-2001) SEC. 12-72 requires all dog bites to be reported to the Holly Springs Police Department, Animal Control at 919-557-9111 as soon as possible, but not less than 24 hours after the occurrence. In case of emergency, call 911.