- Driveway widths are regulated by the Town’s Unified Development Ordinance. A Planning review is required for the portion of the driveway located on private property and an Engineering review is required for the portion of the driveway in the right-of-way.
- A UDO permit for a Driveway Expansion is required prior to expanding any driveway.
- If there is work in the right-of-way, prior to any work being an Engineering Driveway Inspection must be completed.
Driveway Apron Standards
- The driveway apron is the portion of the driveway between the curb and the right-of-way of a public street or private street. Acceptable material for expansion of the apron is concrete with a strength of 300 psi with required expansion joints.
- Driveway Apron Standard Widths:
- One (1) Car Garage: 12' Maximum Width
- Two (2) or Three (3) Car Garage: 16' Maximum Width
- On lots sixty (60) feet or wider, Driveways can be a maximum width of twenty (20) feet, or, fifty (50) percent of the lot width (whichever is greater) but cannot exceed forty-five (45) feet. A maximum of one (1) driveway per lot is allowed.
- Lot Width: 70 feet
- Maximum Driveway Width = 35 feet (50% of 70 feet)
Applying for Permit
- You can apply for a permit on the Holly Springs CityView Portal.
- Once you have created an account, you can "Apply for a Permit" underneath "Construction & UDO Permits"
- You will be required to submit a site plan showing:
- Width of Existing Driveway
- Width of New Expansion
- Width of Front Yard
For Additional information regarding Driveway Expansion, please see UDO Section 3.4.2 J.