Home Occupation

General Information

  • The intent of regulations governing Home Occupations is to ensure compatibility of Home Occupations with other permitted uses and with the residential character of the district and neighborhood in which the Home Occupation is located.
  • A permit is required for all Home Occupations in Holly Springs. 
  • Typical permitted Home Occupation activities include office use, personal services, education uses, and retail uses (online only) including the fabrication of goods and artisanal activities. 
  • Town regulations for Home Occupations can be found in UDO Section 3.4.2.K.
  • Always check with your subdivision's Home Owners Association (HOA) for additional regulations and/or approvals.

Submittal Requirements

  • Home Occupation Registration Application (signed)
  • Site Plan or House Plan depicting the total area used for the Home Occupation (No more than 10% of the gross floor area of the Dwelling Unit shall be used in the conduct of the home occupation)
  • Processing Fees - payable online through the CityView Portal (If paying by check, make payable to: Town of Holly Springs)

Applying for Permit

  • You can apply for the permit on the Holly Springs CityView Portal.
  • Once logged in, click on "Apply for a Planning & Zoning Review" underneath "Preliminary Development Approvals".
  • The application type is "Home Occupation Registration"

For more information regarding Home Occupations, please see UDO Section 3.4.2 K.